3/26/2016

"Throne of Glass" by Sarah J. Maas

“Still, the image haunted his dreams throughout the night: a lovely girl gazing at the stars, and the stars who gazed back.” 

Hey peeps!
I FINALLY read this book and I'm so happy I did. Every good review about this book I read and saw was earned by Sarah.
I won't write a long intro so let's get to my review!



When magic has gone from the world, and a vicious king rules from his throne of glass, an assassin comes to the castle. She does not come to kill, but to win her freedom. If she can defeat twenty-three killers, thieves, and warriors in a competition to find the greatest assassin in the land, she will become the King's Champion and be released from prison.

Her name is Celaena Sardothien.

The Crown Prince will provoke her. The Captain of the Guard will protect her.

And a princess from a foreign land will become the one thing Celaena never thought she'd have again: a friend.

But something evil dwells in the castle—and it's there to kill. When her competitors start dying, horribly, one by one, Celaena's fight for freedom becomes a fight for survival—and a desperate quest to root out the source of the evil before it destroys her world. (source: goodreads)



I had really high expectations for this book after reading all those reviews and it fulfilled all of them. 

You would think no one could ever relate to Celaena bc she's an assassin and stuff but Sarah J. Maas made her character like a teenager. She loves books, she enjoys the outside, she likes wearing beautiful dresses, she likes attending parties, she doesn't listen to rules and, and, and. The only thing that sets her apart from most teens is that she's a trained assassin and she went trough so much already at such a young age. No teen could get that, still Celeane never looses her happiness, sass and humour.
You just have to love the male characters, Prince Dorian Havilliard and the Captain of the Guard, Chaol Westfall. They have good humour and both are a bit rebellious. Chaol is my fave tbh because he helps and cares for Celaena. He hides his true feelings behind a mask of neutrality but sometimes he shows a glimpse of him and those moments are so precious. He's like a big brother to me and I ship him with Celaena not Celaena with Dorian which I guess more people do bc in "Throne of Glass" we got some romantic stuff with those two. 
The storyline is somewhat inspiring. Celaena always had this mantra: "I will not be afraid."
I think it shows how important it is to always keep fighting although it scares you. She could be a bit of a role model to some girls (not the assassin part!) bc she fights her fears, never looses her happiness and shows us that men and women are equally strong, sometimes girls can be even stronger.
I don't have one thing I didn't like about this book and that's rare but I recommend this book to everyone out there.






Love,










No comments:

Post a Comment