5/18/2016

Emeraude Toubia as Isabelle Lightwood Make-Up tutorial

Hey Guys!

Today I present you something new (but still book related obviously) which has been my passion for some years now: Make-Up!
A few weeks ago I was accepted by my dream school, a school where you learn how to be a Make-Up artist!
So I guessed that I could exercise some more and why not put it up here, huh?











Isabelle Lightwood

1) Start off with a clean face. Rinsing it with water should be enough. 
Prep your lips with some sort of lip balm and if you want you can moisturize your face.


2) First I applied my foundation, concealer and "baked" my concealer (That's what it's called when you put so much powder under your eyes with a Beautyblender that it looks like flour, and let it sit there for about 5 minutes before dusting it off. It helps set the concealer for waaay longer!)


3) While the concealer sets, you contour your face. I always contour under my cheekbones, the sides of my face, my jawline and my forehead to give a my face bronzed look.


4) Then you start with the eyeshadow. Choose any matte dark brown eyeshadow and start drawing a V at the outer corner of your eye.
It should look something like this:


5) Blend! And use a light shimmery colour to highlight the inner corner of your eyes and your brow bone.



6) Next up is the hardest part of it all if you ask me: Eyeliner!
I like using liquid eyeliner just because it stays on better than gel eyeliner. I start with the outline of the wing, from the corner of my eye in the direction of the end of my fabulous eyebrow.


7) Then I line my lashline really thin because I have deep set eyes so when I want to do a dramatic bold line it looks like my whole eyelid is black and thicken the wing. Of course you can do it as thin or thick as you like or what suits your eye shape. Here's a little guide:



8) After you perfected the winged eyeliner you can line your upper waterline with a black eyeliner pencil to make your lashes look fuller and you can also curl your lashes if you use mascara.
I used fake lashes just because I felt fancy today, but for the everyday look you can of course use mascara. A lot of mascara.


9) Next you want to start drawing guide lines around your lips with a red-pink-ish lipliner. easiest way to do it is by drawing a X where your cupid's bow is, then mark on your bottom lip the center and then just slowly outline the rest of your lips. I've overlined mine to match Emeraudes lip shape.


10) When you're done with lining your lips fill them in with any red-pink-ish lipstick you have. I prefer liquid lipsticks, just because they feel smoother and are often matte.



11) To finish the look dust some light pink blush on your cheeks, temples and nose and go overboard with a bronze highlighter on your cheekbones, forehead, bridge of your nose, tip of your nose, chin, above you jawline and just above your cupid's bow.



12) Now go and rule the world gorgeous!


Love,







No comments:

Post a Comment